"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your prayers and fulfill your dreams, just as he always has. But he can't if you don't pray, and he can't if you don't dream. In short, he can't if you don't believe."
-Jeffrey R. Holland

Friday, February 1, 2013

The Journey Continues

Headaches, headaches, go away!  

They started out mild enough that taking a couple of ibuprofen would make them disappear.  Not anymore.  All of a sudden they hit so hard that I have to close my eyes and just lay my head down for a little while.  I'm trying to not take medicine for them anymore, because I don't want to rely on it to feel better.  I just have to keep reminding myself...this is for baby!  

The other night as we were watching American Idol, I cried 4 times within 30 minutes!  What a mess!  Seriously, all it took was for the judges to say, "You're going to Hollywood!" and I burst into tears.  Kyhle just looked at me and said, "I can't wait for this to be over!" Ha!  Sorry, love!  I have also noticed I am becoming much more irritable, losing my patience at the smallest things.  Just don't say anything that would annoy me.  ;)  

And last but not least...acne.  Oh, my friend, I am not a fan.  I noticed today at work that I just looked tired.  Yes I did my hair, my makeup, and even wore jeans (instead of sweats), but I still looked a little worn down.  I'm not sure if the drowsiness comes from the medicine, or if it's from the head cold I have come down with the last couple of days.  

I had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday, and another this morning.  All is going well!  The medicine is doing it's job, everything is progressing nicely.  I have a healthy follicle on each ovary, which is just what the doctor wants!  He says the the ideal number is 1-3 follicles.  The more follicles you develop, the higher risk for multiples.  If I had developed more than 3, we would have had to cancel the insemination due to the high risk.  I have been instructed to continue doing my injections over the weekend, and am scheduled for another appointment Monday morning.  If all goes well and they are at the right size, I will do the HCG shot, which triggers ovulation, on Monday night. 

We are tentatively scheduled to do insemination on Wednesday!  Holy cow!  I cannot believe we are already there!  I thought I would have to do injections for 3 weeks, but it has gone much quicker and I am so grateful for that.  However, the closer we get to insemination day, the more anxious I become.  I am so grateful my Dad is able to give Kyhle and I blessings this Sunday, and I know that will help calm our fears and bring us peace.  This has been such a long, challenging journey, but I know it will all be worth it in the end. 


No comments:

Post a Comment