"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your prayers and fulfill your dreams, just as he always has. But he can't if you don't pray, and he can't if you don't dream. In short, he can't if you don't believe."
-Jeffrey R. Holland

Monday, February 4, 2013

Good Question

I feel like we are approaching the finish line, and that is a great feeling!

We have officially scheduled the insemination for Wednesday at 8 in the morning.  I will give myself the final HCG shot tonight at 8, and then 36 hours later will be insemination. 

I was a little bummed at my appointment this morning.  They told me that one of my follicles had disappeared, and I only had one left.  Obviously it just takes one to make a baby, but I was hoping to keep 2 to help boost our chances of success.  I guess the good thing about 1 disappearing is that the chance of twins is now slim, which is something we were a tad stressed about. 

It also made me think of a question I should have asked today.  At my Friday appointment, I had 2 good sized follicles, then all of a sudden today there was just 1.  Now I am wondering if maybe I don't produce eggs each month.  I already know I have a low ovarian reserve, so does this also mean I maybe don't release one every month?  That could obviously explain why we have struggled all this time.  

Just something to think about, and definitely ask on Wednesday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment