"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your prayers and fulfill your dreams, just as he always has. But he can't if you don't pray, and he can't if you don't dream. In short, he can't if you don't believe."
-Jeffrey R. Holland

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

13

It feels good to know that I've done all I could do.  I've taken my medicine, I've given myself shots, I've had many ultrasounds, and I've done many blood tests.  It is out of my control, and that gives me a feeling of relief.  It is officially time to "Let go and let God."  

My appointment went well this morning.  The actual procedure was just 5 minutes, and then they had may stay laying down for 15 minutes afterward.  While laying there, she dimmed the lights so I could just relax.  As I looked up at the ceiling, I found myself talking out loud.  I guess I should say praying out loud.  I kept repeating...

"I just want to be a mommy.  I just want to be a mommy.  All I want is to be a mommy." 

Fortunately, I could get back to the daily routine right after my appointment, and I don't have any restrictions over the next couple of weeks.  Unfortunately, I still have a nasty sinus infection that has decided to take control of my body, and I ended up having to call in to work today.  I wish I could just lay here in peace and be stress-free, but I can't stop coughing and feel like I am going to hack up a lung.  Pretty, I know.  I've had this since Friday night, so I finally decided to go to the Minute Clinic right after my appointment to get on antibiotics and fight this thing.  Sadly, because of the IUI, the nurse didn't feel comfortable putting me on any antibiotics because she didn't know what was safe, and didn't want to mess anything up for me.  As much as I appreciated that, I feel so crummy, and just want to get better! 

My best friend, Joanna, is my hero.  She graciously came over Monday night at 7:45 to give me the final shot.  Kyhle didn't feel comfortable enough to do it, so I knew I could trust her to stick it in the right spot.  This was a different shot than the one I had been giving myself, with a much bigger needle.  When I was telling my mom about the good laugh Jo and I got from this experience, Mom replied with, "It's great to have friends 'behind' you!"  Jo and I were supposed to go out for a small girls' night tonight, but because of this sickness that is taking over, she is bringing pizza over to my place so we can lay on the couch and take it easy, while still enjoying some great girl talk.  She has been there for me through all of this journey and I am so grateful for her and her loyal friendship.  Like I said, she's the best! :)

Now comes the waiting game.  In 2 days, I will start taking my progesterone medicine, and in 13 days, I will take a test.  

In 13 days, our lives could forever change. 


No comments:

Post a Comment