"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your prayers and fulfill your dreams, just as he always has. But he can't if you don't pray, and he can't if you don't dream. In short, he can't if you don't believe."
-Jeffrey R. Holland

Monday, June 9, 2014

Support

Something I have grown to love is searching other infertility/adoption blogs, and reading stories of hope, success, heartache, faith, and love.  My family always gives me a hard time for not sitting down and focusing on a book, but I do!  Only it's blogs instead. ;) I have learned so much through other women (and some men) who have written about their journeys.  Sometimes I end up in tears, sometimes laughter, and sometimes just pure confusion.  I have joined a couple different infertility support groups on Facebook and I have really enjoyed all of the support and love everyone in that group shows each other.  You can talk about everything on that page, vent your frustrations and heartaches, share happy stores and prayers...everyone understands and no one judges.  

Right now, my life consists of working on our treatment plan, and trying to find ways to fund everything.  My focus is usually always on "baby."  When I post on my Facebook or Instagram, many times it has something to do with infertility/babies.  I will post uplifting quotes, funny memes, ecards, etc.  While I realize it can get annoying how much I post about this topic, it is what is going on in my life right now.  This is what we are going through, what we are struggling with, what we are growing from.  I also know that I talk about it a lot in casual conversation with friends and family.  I can see how it can get old to hear about every decision we are trying to make, and every thought that I say when I am thinking out loud. With many women struggling with infertility, all we need is someone to vent to.  We need people who will just let us get out all of our thoughts and frustrations without judgement and without feeling we can't keep talking about it. 

I just hope people know that I am grateful for their listening ears and open hearts.  I know it can get old listening to me talk about the same topic and issues over and over again, but that is exactly what I need sometimes.  This is a journey that needs to be shared.  Too often, women feel they cannot talk about their struggles because others feel it needs to be kept private and personal.  Then they have a failed cycle, horrible medicine side effects, an unexpected cyst that puts everything off a month, and no one to turn to other than their spouse.  While we are grateful for our spouses, we need people outside of our marriage to turn to.  

I am also so grateful for the gospel, and the knowledge I have that Heavenly Father loves us, and answers our prayers.  While we may not understand why something is going the way it is, it will all make sense in the end.  We have to remember that He knows how we are feeling.  He knows our heartaches, and He has felt every ounce of pain we are feeling.  He is there day or night, rain or shine.  I can talk to Him whenever I feel the need to get something off my chest.  I am grateful that this journey has brought me closer to Him.  I have seen on my infertility support page, a lady asked, "I just don't get how any of you can believe in God--he obviously doesn't love us if he makes us go through this..."  That broke my heart.  I know Heavenly Father loves me, and I know that he believes in me and trusts that I will make it through this and be stronger that I have ever been.  He has faith in me, and so I will put my faith and trust in Him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment