"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your prayers and fulfill your dreams, just as he always has. But he can't if you don't pray, and he can't if you don't dream. In short, he can't if you don't believe."
-Jeffrey R. Holland

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Making Progress

We got our official IVF packet in the mail last week.  Boy, did that make it feel real!  When I called the nurse to let them know we were working toward it to try for a September or October transfer, she told me she would go ahead and send me all the paperwork and prescriptions so we could plan better and take our time getting everything filled out.  As Kyhle and I were going through the 50 pages (PHEW!) we were surprised at the small details that never even crossed our minds.  We have to inital every single page to acknowledge that we read it and understand it all.  The consent forms were what really made it feel like a big deal.  We have to fill out and sign off on what we will do with the frozen embryos if anything were to happen to one of us, such as divorce or death.  Well of course we hadn't thought of that!  There are three options for each circumstance--1. The living spouse can keep and continue to use the embryos, or if there is a divorce, you can sign off on whether one of you wants to keep them.  2.  You can throw them all away :( 3.  You can donate them to the labs for research.  A friend of mind told me that she heard of a family where the wife passed away, and the grandparents wanted to keep the embryos so they could have a grandchild.  What a crazy situation.  

The packet also had order forms for both Kyhle and myself to get a whole slew of blood tests done before we can start any medications.  I hadn't thought of Kyhle having to get any.  I was also surprised at some of the things they are testing our blood for.  Then of course there was my list of medications required.  I am going to have my own little drug store right here in our apartment!  Even Kyhle has to take some antibiotics to make sure he stays healthy during the process.  It sure feels good to get the ball rolling and feel like we are actually making progress! 

Speaking of progress, I wanted to update you all on our fundraising status!

Goal: $7,000.00
Raised: $2,575.25
To go: $4,424.75

We are pretty excited that the number is getting smaller and smaller!  We have been trying to think of some other fundraising ideas, but I am feeling a little discouraged at our options.  Also, sadly, the part-time job at Lane Bryant fell through due to scheduling conflicts with my full-time job, so I am back to the drawing board for that.  I also feel bummed that at a part-time job,  I won't be able to bring home as much as we'd like.  We were hoping to do a garage sale at my parent's, but timing didn't work out with that, either.   Kyhle keeps telling me he feels guilty for not getting a second job, but I reassure him every day that he is doing exactly what we need him to do by finishing school!  He started classes back up this summer, and should graduate in December 2015!  I am thinking of trying to baby-sit in the evenings and some weekends if anyone wants to go on a date night! ;) I would also be more than happy to stay overnight with kids, as I have done a few other times if parents are wanting to get away for a night.  Keep me in mind! :)

We did our Thirty-one drawing, and the lucky winners were Ashly LaFeber, Laura Hayes, and Missy Hughes!  Congrats to you ladies, and thank you to all of our other friends and family who entered that raffle, while also donating to us! 

If you would like to make a donation, you can donate through the following options:
1. Paypal--use Kyhle's email (kyhle.porter@gmail.com)
2. Gofundme -- you can search our names on the website (Gofundme keeps 5%)
3. Send a check through snail mail :)

In two weeks, I have had five family members and friends announce pregnancies, and another find out they are having twins from a successful IVF, and instead of bringing me sadness and jealousy, I feel a sense of joy and excitement in knowing that our time will come, and we are enjoying the journey along the way.  Our marriage has grown stronger every step of the way, and we have found a new love for each other that we wouldn't have without this experience.  For that, we are grateful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment