"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your prayers and fulfill your dreams, just as he always has. But he can't if you don't pray, and he can't if you don't dream. In short, he can't if you don't believe."
-Jeffrey R. Holland

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Are you...?

1 shot down, 5 to go!  

After standing in my kitchen, holding the needle for fifteen minutes, I did it!  I stuck it in and didn't flinch!  I stood there with the needle right at my stomach the whole time, and I kept counting down.  I just couldn't do it.  I looked to my left and saw the pictures of all of my nieces and nephews, and reminded myself the whole reason for giving myself these shots--to have my own sweet baby.  I then took a deep breath, "1, 2, 3!"  It was so easy and painless!  

I had my appointment yesterday to get the whole process started.  They did a routine ultrasound just to make sure everything still looked healthy and clear, and then showed me how to administer my medicine.  I will give myself a shot each evening through Tuesday.  I will then go back to the doc on Wednesday morning, get another ultrasound, and go from there.  

I have been doing so much reading all about artificial insemination.  There are many amazing success stories, and each one that I read makes it harder and harder to not get my hopes up even higher.  Is this really happening?  I have been so incredibly anxious the past few days, and I know the next couple of weeks will just be torture.  There is so much unknown, and that is making it difficult for me to just keep calm and enjoy the journey.  

I realized today that I am not signed up for short-term disability, which is what helps pay for maternity leave.  I knew if I wasn't signed up before we were to get pregnant, they wouldn't approve it because it would have been a pre-existing condition.  I was so worried I would have to wait for open enrollment, but luckily I was able to get signed up today, and will be covered if needed.  What a relief!   When talking to my boss about it, he says very quietly, "Are you pregnant?!"  I laughed and told him no, and he proceeded to say, "You can tell me if you are...don't lie to me!"  Ha! I just replied with, "No, but hopefully will be soon!" :)




No comments:

Post a Comment