"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your prayers and fulfill your dreams, just as he always has. But he can't if you don't pray, and he can't if you don't dream. In short, he can't if you don't believe."
-Jeffrey R. Holland

Monday, February 2, 2015

Hasta La Vista, Lupron!

You can't see me, but I am doing a happy dance!  I just took what will (hopefully) be my last Lupron injection!  YAY!

I can't tell you how hard the last two months have been from this awful, yet wonderful medicine.  I say wonderful because it is fixing a health issue that is preventing me from carrying a baby, and I say awful because it has given me a crazy amount of side effects.  As I stood in my kitchen with the long, sharp needle just pointing at my thigh, Kyhle wrapped his arms around me and said, "Thank you for your sacrifice for our family."  I love him.  I was so nervous for this shot, and stood there still for a few minutes just nervously finding the courage to inject.  I said, "Okay, this is for you, baby," and stuck my thigh for the last time.  (Until I start IVF meds, of course ;))

The side effects will continue for 28 days, but I am just grateful we are finally moving forward with our process and on to our second round of IVF!  I have felt in such a slump the last three months, after finding out that we couldn't try again until after I took Lupron for three months to shrink/clear my Adenomyosis.  The last thing you want to tell a woman, who has waited patiently for 4 1/2 years for a baby, is that she has to wait 3 more months before she can even try!  

I will have a check up with Dr. Gentry on February 23, and we will discuss getting another MRI to check for the Adenomyosis, and make sure the Lupron did its job, but I'm not too worried about it, since I definitely felt it doing a number on me physically, mentally, and emotionally.  At that appointment, we will also discuss our plan to try a second round of IVF, and get moving with that process all over again.  I am hoping the next three weeks will move quickly, and we can continue taking steps in the right direction.

We have also made amazing progress raising money for the IVF!  Kyhle and I have felt so deeply loved every time we receive a gift from a family member or friend.  We will have such an inspiring story to share with our future children about all of the people in our lives who helped bring them to us.  If you would like to make a donation, simply click the link below and it will direct you to our page.  

Thank you!  



No comments:

Post a Comment