"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your prayers and fulfill your dreams, just as he always has. But he can't if you don't pray, and he can't if you don't dream. In short, he can't if you don't believe."
-Jeffrey R. Holland

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Gotta Have Faith

"God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, or sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way. If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it."

 -- Unknown


When I scheduled my Laparoscopy, I felt like it was forever away (3 months ago.)  We now have just less than 3 weeks until surgery day, and I am feeling a little (okay, a lot) stressed out.  Stressed about taking unpaid time off work.  Stressed about the recovery process, wondering how long I will be down for.  Stressed about going under for surgery, and the feeling of waking up from the anesthesia.  Stressed about wondering whether or not they'll find the endometriosis.  Stressed about wondering whether or not we will get pregnant within 6 months. 

Getting pregnant is really out of my hands.  As I have said before, when Heavenly Father believes we are ready, He will bless us.  We have to have faith in His plan.  That is the most important element in this whole process.  Faith in His timing

Sometimes I find it best for me to just cry.  Whether they are happy or sad tears, it just feels good to get it out.  I love my job, and I love the blessing of being able to work with such fun, energetic, and loving children.  But sometimes when rocking one of our sweet babies,  I find myself wiping some tears, wishing it were my cuddly baby in my arms.  But for the time being, I am grateful to be able to rock those little loves, and give them the love and attention I would give my own.  

 On a side note, Kyhle and I went to Target this morning.  Of course I had to walk around the baby section.  There is a baby swing that we've seen at a few stores, and as we were walking by it today, Kyhle stopped and pointed out how much he liked it.  I'm not rubbing off on him or anything.  :) 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Rebecka:) I can understand it is challenging and disappointing when you want something righteous so bad. I don't know why we go through these experiences and chellenges in our lives...but somehow they do prepare and strengthen us. I am here for you if you ever need something.
    Im going in for surgery also on May 1st...and I feel your stress about going under. But it is always better to figure out if something is wrong and then do something about it.

    katrine

    ReplyDelete