"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your prayers and fulfill your dreams, just as he always has. But he can't if you don't pray, and he can't if you don't dream. In short, he can't if you don't believe."
-Jeffrey R. Holland

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Answers

Yesterday, our church released a video with an announcement that they are teaming up with adoption.com, the world's largest adoption website, to help LDS couples further their options in finding a birth mother and baby.  This was such huge, exciting news! Within 10 minutes, I had three friends share this video on my Facebook to make sure I had heard about it.  I have such good friends. :)


http://adoption.com/lds


All throughout yesterday afternoon and into the evening, I kept wondering if this was something that was going to impact our decision to do another round of IVF.  I kept asking myself so many questions.  Is IVF the best option? Which option has more risks? Which would cost more money? Where do we belong? What if we do the IVF and it doesn't work? Should we save the money for adoption and take advantage of the church partnership with adoption.com?


Kyhle I talked about this last night and we both said IVF was the way we wanted to go, and felt was the right choice. We have a timeline if we want to try this one more time.  There is no timeline for adoption.  We could adopt in 10 years.  We (most likely) can't get pregnant in 10 years. Now is the time. Yet, I still tossed and turned all night last night wondering if my decision was selfish.  There are so many amazing, beautiful, wanted babies who need forever homes.  Was I being selfish choosing IVF over adoption?


I woke up this morning with a strong feeling that I knew my answer.  Choosing IVF isn't selfish.  I truly believe it is the Lord's plan for us to become parents through this method.  We know I can get pregnant, and we know why I miscarried.  After taking the Lupron for 3 months, my adenomyosis (read more about it here) is completely cleared up.  It's gone!  I believe there is a reason for that, and a reason why my doctor asked us to stick with him and he would help us.  I also believe there is a reason why we have these 4 more months of coverage to try again. 


We are excited and ready to start this next process.  I am grateful for the power of prayer, and knowing that if we have questions and concerns, all we have to do is ask our Heavenly Father for guidance, and He will see us through. 


Also, we are still moving right along toward our goal! We are making cookies to sell for local friends!  $7 a dozen or $12 for two dozen! Thank you to those who have bought some! Yummy! :)


http://www.gofundme.com/ThePorterBabyDream





No comments:

Post a Comment