"God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your prayers and fulfill your dreams, just as he always has. But he can't if you don't pray, and he can't if you don't dream. In short, he can't if you don't believe."
-Jeffrey R. Holland

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Enjoy!

I feel like I have been slackin' on my writing!  I think I feel like you all are now just waiting to find out when we will have "big news," and I just don't really have much to say right now.  

Except no big news.  As of this morning, a week early...

Depressing. 

I have totally been down-in-the-dumps today.  Kind of like, "Alright, that's one month down...now what?"  Keep trying!  That's what!  (And have fun during the process! :)) Today has also been rough because my cramps are back.  I didn't have them at all last month, so having them today is frustrating.  But, thankfully, they aren't what they used to be, so that's good.  

I had a nice long phone call with my brother about a week ago.  As I have said previously, he and his wife have 4 amazing children, all through the blessing of adoption.  Something he told me in that chat was that my sister-in-law, Jeri, says that while they were going through the whole process, she wishes she wouldn't have just focused on babies, babies, babies all the time.  She wishes she would have just kind of "accepted" the fact that they weren't getting pregnant right away, and enjoy their marriage more.  I can definitely see what she is saying, and completely agree.  Except that is much easier said than done.  I have really been trying lately to not just focus on it all the time, and really enjoy my Kyhle.  Plus, my job has been pretty stressful the last few weeks, so I'm okay that it didn't happen this month.  

But definitely hoping it's not too far away.

Looking back (almost) 2 years, yes, I think we were crazy for trying so soon to have a baby.  But with our second anniversary coming up, I am so grateful for the fabulous 2 years we have had together.  We have been so blessed to be able to do some travelling, exploring, and just enjoy dating each other.  That is so important in a marriage.  Especially those first couple of years.  

That's my goal. For the next few months, I am going to enjoy my husband.  Enjoy our time.  Enjoy our families. Enjoy the beautiful weather.  Enjoy our pups.  Enjoy our friendships.  Enjoy my marriage.  Enjoy upcoming celebrations.  

Enjoy life! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry it didn't happen this month :(. But like you said, Enjoy Life! We have so much to be grateful for and you really do have an amazing husband. Tell Kyhle hi for me :). Just keep swimming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said you were crazy for trying too soon, I thought that at first too until it took years to get pregnant and if we had waited then it would have taken even longer to realize something was wrong. So don't second guess, all though I have to agree that I also enjoyed the time with just the 2 of us in the first years. I know what it feels like to be waiting every month. Every few weeks you get your hopes up thinking that this must be the time because you've been waiting so long. I would even take more then one test just to be sure the other one was correct. Before my surgery it was a year of negative results and every month was a let down. When I finally got a positive pregnancy test I didn't know how to react, I guess I was in shock. So I know what you're feeling, but you will make it through! It sounds super corny, but try to enjoy the journey because stress can have a negative impact too. So enjoy the god suff in your life now and everything else will fall into place. Thinking of you, good luck!

    ReplyDelete